Friday, March 27, 2009

Made for a purpose!

So I have had a lot on my mind lately about what God has planned for me. I feel as though I have always had things so planned out and how my life should look and for some reason things just have been turning around and nothing is looking like I thought it would. As of right now I have no idea where I'll even be in several years. Its crazy because its like God has just slapped me in the face and told me to wake up and stop planning out my life. I guess i just thought that I was still giving God part of my life but all in all I haven't given up everything for Him. I want to give God my entire life, my dreams, my hopes, my fears. I have been praying a lot lately about Missions and what God has for me in that area. I have always been so passionate about it and I want to strive to reach the world for Christ and to really see a change in this world. Our God can move mountains and I want to BELIEVE that. My dream has always been to open an orphanage one day and rescue abandoned kids...and take them in, and Love them as Christ loves us. And I want to serve them and help raise them and share Jesus with them. Its just always been something I have had the desire to do. Its crazy because my best friend Meredith called me the other day and told me about her missions conference and about how this lady is doing that right now in South Africa, and i can't even tell you how excited I got! I mean its my dream to do that ...I want to go, I want to be apart of what she is doing. So it was a blessing for meredith sharing everything with me. I have been reading the purpose driven life and today's was about how God made us for a reason! And this was perfect for me because I have had so many changes in my life lately that i'm really starting to understand that God really does have a purpose for me. And while i'm waiting and praying about what that is, I can continue to serve Him, and praise Him for the awesome things He is doing and will do. I read this poem by Russell Kelfer and it says

You are who you are for a reason,
You're part of an intricate plan.
You're a precious and perfect unique design,
Called God's specal woman or man.

You look like you look for a reason.
Our God made no mistake.
He knit you together within the womb,
You're just what he wanted to make.

THe parents you had were the ones he chose,
And no matter how you feel,
They were custom-designed with God's plan in mind,
And they bear the Master's seal.

No, that trauma you faced was not easy.
And God wept that it hurt you so;
But it was allowed to shape your heart
So that into his likeness you'd grow.

You are who you are for a reason,
You've been formed by the Master's rod.
YOu are who you are, beloved,
Because there is a God!


I just loved reading this because its so true! We are who we are because God created us in His own image and He loves us and has a plan for us! Its just refreshing knowing that God really does have great plans for our lives even when we don't understand it! But I know my God is faithful because i've seen it, and I just have to trust in Him with EVERYTHING!!!!

Proverbs 3:5-6 says

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes the hardest thing for us to do is the complete opposite - nothing at all. When people say God has His own timing, it's often under-thought. I know when I feel like I am confused about where God is working in my life - and where I am being led - I just have to sitdown, shutup and pray. We are never doing nothing.

    Sometimes the hardest road we go down is the only one that leads us to Him. Keep your head up and God will make it clear - if He doesn't - remember that if your heart is in the right place, you are ALWAYS doing something for the Lord :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally hear what you're saying. I believe the reason we're so prone to worry and try to make plans for the future is because it's what we've been told/taught all our lives from society. After high school we're told to make plans for college, after college we're told to make plans for "the real world", then we're told to put money in to investments for the future, and to get in to the job with the highest salary and the best benefits. Life becomes about finding stability and security, finding security in finances, careers, investments, people, and everything else but God. I asked myself a couple years ago what truly separated my life from that of a caring, moral, altruistic, non-Christian. Would people see Jesus through my life on the way I had lived up until that point. I realized that if I wasn't living a radical life for God, then my life could most likely be confused for that of a good person. You think about how the world handles their lives. Security in finances, in jobs, in relationships, etc., and then when things happen out of our hands, like Sept. 11, the churches are packed, people are praying, "turning to God", and then when life appears to be back under control, we say, ok, I can handle this now. For us to live our lives exactly the same way, security in things other than God alone, total surrender only in times of desperation, then why do we even call ourselves Christians. God totally woke me up to the realization that you can't plan life in advance. Planning serves as a poor substitute for what appears to be future security, while we should already know we can find true security in God. Anyway, I totally hear ya. We've just gotta push past planning in the sense that it creates for us a false sense of security, and just move towards what we believe God calling us to in our own lives. As Austin said, we never have an excuse to be idle. To think about the commands that God has already given us, to "go ye therefore", whether that be to your neighbor or your family, or leaving the U.S. and heading to Africa, we'd spend our entire lives living out that command. So in reality, we already have our future mapped out. We already know what we're called to do, it's just up to us to have faith and to follow where God opens doors for us to use the gifts He has given us specifically, for His glory, and not ours.

    ReplyDelete